June 25, 2014
WOW what a lot of feminist news to process at the final 2014 Slofemists event last weekend...
Let's see how much I remember:
- Hillary Clinton deflecting discussions during her recent visit to Canada of the formidible possibility of her breaking through the thickest of glass ceilings;
- mansplaining, an as yet unarticulated cultural concept, courtesy of Rebecca Solnit;
- the complex and contrary messaging of #yesallwomen;
- Germain Greers's provocation - what will it be like when women are not needed to make babies? (in a lecture at the new Canada Human Rights Museum);
- ... I'm sure there was more!
Here are a couple of podcasts that were shared: